Wednesday, November 24, 2010

THANKSGIVING!

In honor of it being Thanksgiving tomorrow, I have compiled a list of all the things I am thankful for this year.

- Living in a newly built home that has an instant fireplace and instant heat. Waiting for the heat to come on is always dreadful.

- Living with badass roommates who always decide to do all the cleaning while I'm at work. Thanks guys!

- Zoe's easily transformable (clay) face and the fact that she will let me take pictures of her looking like complete shit and put them on Facebook.

- My mom for being hot. Also for buying me groceries, always having food at her house, going to church with me, always having good advice, being the BEST cook in town, being a great listener, and just being the best mom ever.

- My sisters: Donna for always being on Facebook when I am and Facebook chatting me through the most boring of days. Mary for always saying things like "Henna look at those little tiny wrists!" or "Woahh Hennsters you my sister!" Gracie for being the sister that will listen to my songs on her ipod. Nola for just being Nola... never a complaint coming from this ginger. Also her wardrobe. Zoe for being my husband.

- Darci for her boobs (duh), but also for being my right-hand woman and partner in crime.

- Lacey, not for being across the country but for the fact that I know when she comes back she will still be my best friend.

- Boys.

- Elliott Smith on rainy nights.

- Black clothing. You never let me down.

- The Westwood Village Target. I have so much love for you. You smell like new shoes and popcorn and material possessions. Never leave my side.

- Living in a great city. Working at a spot where I can look out the window and see the water and the city lights and sunrises and sunsets.

- Awesome tattoo artists.

- Guitars. Always there for me in good times and bad.

- Diet Coke.

- Not being born with any weird genetic problems or diseases.

- Met Market and everything in it.

- Having a plethora of people in my life that give a shit about me and that I give a shit about.

- Make-up. Not sure what I'd do without it.

- Bleach and tones.

- The fact that at one time good music was still made and at least I have that to hold on to.

- The feeling of being in love with someone.

- Reefer.

- A secure job, a lot of people don't have one.

- Being able to text. It really alleviates all awkwardness.

- Facebook. I am very thankful for Facebook. It cures my boredom and it has helped me meet literally every single boyfriend. Thanks Facebook!

- My bosses Hiep and Loreen for keeping me around for 5 years.

- New friends.

- New socks.

- Christmas decorations. I'm going all out this year. Soccer mom status.

- The puppies living inside my dog Coco. They are going to be bundles of joy.

- All my metal mansion friends. You are all just good, solid friends through thick and thin. You have glorified high-fives, long hair and bands like Pantera. I knew nothing of this before I met you guys.

- Road trips to SF where only Zoe can drive.

- Bubbles sammys.

- Bandannas.

- Head.

- Coziness. Clean house, candles burning, fireplace, movies, cookies, good company, heat, happiness.

- Not ever having gotten preggers like everyone else.

- My pops.

- Big family dinners where everyone is laughing.

- Snoqualmie falls.

- Dan Auerbach- thanks for being born.

- Federal Way: never thought I'd say this but we had some good times this year.

- Straighteners. All of us would look like we got electrocuted without them.

- Snuggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment